21.11.07

Gravity

Gravity. Scientifically, it is the force keeping us on earth. Scientifically, nobody cares. But rebels have spun this physics lesson into philosophical "gold".

Gravity. Without it, what would happen? What would be holding us down? If gravity ceased to exist, then we'd float away. We'd float away, far away, from the system. We'd no longer be glutons off of society's junk food. Freedom would shine among the stars and encompass all. Gravity is The Man.

Once upon a time, I was preforming in a play. I love the Theater. I devour the stage, breathe the lights, and dream in the comfort of velvet curtains. It is my home, my life. However, on show night, I was down. Nothing in particular was wrong, but nothing was right. I was doing a play-great!-but passion was strangled by society's clutter. Life was full of empty calories, and it ached.

I was about to float away. Leave everything-the good, the bad, and the stupid. But some force held me down. It held me down, and it directed me to the stage. And, as the show went on, I was pulled close and closer to earh's true core. I had been drifting through space, away, far away, from where I belonged. I'd lost sight of home and couldn't return...but then, I entered its orbit, and came down to earth.

Philosophical "gold" can go to philosophical hell. Thank God that you can always come home; Thank God for Gravity.

0 comments: